Glink 5250 Lite for iPad/iPhone/iPod touch is a free iOS-version with Ads of Gallagher & Robertson's best-selling terminal emulation program, Glink Professional Edition for Microsoft Windows.
Glink 5250 Lite is used to access applications running on IBM iSeries/AS400 host systems. Glink 5250 Lite emulates all IBM 5250 terminals and uses the TN5250 protocol for communication with the host systems.
Glink 5250 Lite brings you a high quality and proven emulator for your iPad/iPhone and iPod touch devices. It allows you to try the Glink 5250 terminal emulation App before purchasing the full version of Glink 5250 with more features. See below.
- IBM 5250 terminal emulation, all models (basic and extended) and screen sizes
- TN5250 communication to host
- SSL/TLS support for secure communication
- Multiline toolbar with function keys and macros
- Switch toolbar display on/off with action bar icon
- Configurable line spacing for improved readability and to make it easier to hit hotspots
- Pop-up standard keyboard with support of international characters
- Tab/shift-Tab and arrow-keys supported on external Bluetooth keyboard
- All major function keys available as keyboard shortcuts
- Press and hold Command-key on external keyboard to see list of built-in keyboard shortcuts
- Colors can be customized
- Multiple host configurations supported
- Optional password protected configurations
- Optional use of double-tap as Enter/Transmit
- IBM5250 emulation supports Double Byte Character Sets (DBCS) like Chinese, Japanese and Korean
- Print or e-mail host print data
- Print or e-mail terminal emulation content or scroll-back buffer content
- Zoom and scroll as the Safari browser
- Blinking attribute supported
- Blinking cursor supported
- Two finger swipe gesture to move cursor
- Tap and hold to open http:// or https:// URL in internal or external browser
- Tap and hold to open Mail with e-mail address on screen
- Camera supported as barcode scanner
- Linea Pro and Infinea Tab barcode scanner/magnetic card reader supported
- Socket Mobile barcode scanners connected in iOS mode (Bluetooth Accessory Protocol)
- Other Bluetooth barcode scanners, like Opticon OPN2002, connected as external keyboard
The Ad-free version, Glink 5250, includes the following additional features:
- Multiple concurrent host sessions
- Macro recording for auto-login and for assignment to toolbar
- Customize toolbars, add/remove function keys and macros
- Optional auto-connect at startup
- Configurable scroll-back buffer contains history of your host session
- Export and import of configurations
- Configurable hotspots for function keys, option numbers and URLs
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Glink 5250 Lite is a free software application from the Office Suites & Tools subcategory, part of the Business category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2016-07-08. The program can be installed on iOS.
Glink 5250 Lite (version 2.0.0) has a file size of 39.22 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 4 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.